Monday, January 16, 2023

"Yahweh Addresses Abraham" and "Reprise" Poems



Yahweh Addresses Abraham

Forgive me friend
For pressing so deep
Into you being
I had to fathom you
Plumb your faith
To see with my own eyes
What your love for me
Proved capable of.

Now I see
Now I know
How great your faith can make you
A greater faith than any
I've met or made
A greater faith than
My own in you.

You never lost your trust
True to your troth you submitted your All
Were that I could do such Grace!


Reprise

Oifia, O Amakin
Tis no sin to break faith with me
The Tree of trust is a slow growing twig
You shouldered the weight of my trust
And broke that sapling twain
Now I fathom your soul
And know what you can do
And what you cannot do.
But my heart is bruised too
And my phoenix sun has ashed.

No comments: