Sunday, February 13, 2011

to wed solitude

I’m slow to love, and slower to cease …

The wraith of our romance will linger

I wish for you close, and cornered you flee

Your echoing words are my singers.

 

Well! Philosophers wed themselves to solitude: lacking that they have no peace. It is time to take seriously the prospect of giving my life to Allism, the philosophy I have already spent a decade writing, and ceasing to struggle in snow fingers of love. It takes a strong man to embrace solitude, but no wise man embraces isolation. It is better not to seek friends where there can be no friendship: how your love will be thrown in your face. Better to slowly warm up to a friendship, and quickly let go when it fades. Better to knit your soles to your shadow, and nod silent approval at the cheerful reflection.

 

Take care, Caretakers!

 

Daniel

 

~~

Perfection

Is

Easy

 

www.msu.edu/~junedan

~~

tweetpic

 

No comments: