Sunday, December 30, 2012

"Knowing" a poem

                                                                                                      

 

 

Knowing

 

Naught fuller than I Love You's return

Naught emptier than love's final goodbye

The first -- soft as rain

The second -- dry as salt.

 

"Zeus mocks at lover's vows"

The Greeks wryly versed

But he, Eros prey, knows not

My love is everall.

 

I need you for always

I crave you each now.

 

The beauties around me

-- Curve of cup

Bow of drapes --

Are your presence and your promise.

 

I dreamt of the world

Everything was exactly the same

Time, clockwise, as expected

Routines unbreached, Duties filled

Nothing had changed

Everything was different

And the difference was this:

I know you love me.

 

A truth of beauty

permeating every word and glance

As if the world were doubled in love

It reminds me when I awaken

It soothes me into sleep.

 

\~ @M@ ~/

perfectidius.com

 

No comments: