Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Finding an End



The End

 

Autotelos, an end in itself, such is writing for me. I bought myself and my friends a knot book last year, and at last Iearn a few. Less to master this random art, and more to improve by another and degree my own writing and reading. For reading is unknotting and writing is knotting. I have learned, to start, “Hunter’s knot.” Among basic knots, there are scores and scores more. As for advanced knots, I don’t aspire to this sort of mastery. I’m squeamish to dissipate my efforts or to let off too much steam off mark. What reinforces my art I celebrate. Writing is the end. As Emerson speaks of me, “Daniel, in the Word,” it is the lustres I leave within my writings that matter to me. Even parenting and husbanding, sacred functions, to me are proved, fulfilled, and ultimated in the way their crea pours forth into my writings.


No comments: