Sunday, September 22, 2024

Believing in Belief



Believing in Belief

Christianity believes in belief to a nauseating level. Let us repeat with that "gospel of straw" we can spin into gold, "Faith without works is dead."

It must have been that great physicist with a great physicist name, Bohr, who amused a friend who came into the master scientist's lab. "You have a lucky horseshoe! How could a man of science believe in such a thing?" Oh, said Bohr, the man who sold it to me assured me it would work even if i didn't believe in it.

And that's all you need to know about belief.

LI is ritual. Confucius claimed no mandate from heaven. He argued or would have that sacrifices to the gods or ancestors work the same whether or not the gods exist at all. And this is TRUE religion!

You believe in God? So what? Does God believe in you? If not, then it doesn't matter who or what you believe in. Get bent!

Belief IS doubt. What I believe i doubt. What I know I drop. Once I know something, I can forget it. I touch the lips of God herself. What does "belief" even mean? You are so obsene. You call your atheism theism. You call your doubt belief. The ancient Romans called the primitive Christians atheists. The romans are right.

No comments: