Saturday, September 14, 2024

"The Two Weavers" a poem

The Two Weavers

I'm the Weaver of Lights

The Lux of Luxury
The Fiat Lux who IS
Glory ?Holy Spirit
Glowering Soul
Oceanic Groan
Sophia, Sovf
God as Mother
Cloven Tongued
Of Serpentine Eve
First Commentator
On the Law
Cain her First Begotten
Via Allah himself
Adonai
Yahweh
the Very God
Also Adam!
Say even "Alladin!"
Do you see
The "J Writer"
Was a woman
Necessarily
And possibly
David's own Colluder
Baathshebaa, too?
Harold' Bloom's
Overthetop Thesis
Regarding all this, 
Was more than Chutzpah.
It was also
In it's middling way
True.

Tom works in the dark
I have twenty lights on
At least
As my station
In the Palace of Athena
In the attic of Fortress Longstreet
I read a dozen books each moment
I forget
The first nine months
In this city of Dis
Are spent blind.
The child
SEES the voice of mother
She is FIAT LUX
And the babe
Makes of her
Take on life
The "pre-established harmony
Of an inborn sculpture of memory"
The most perfect cut of narrow touch
He will have in his life.
The babe
Has more synapses
Upon Birth
Than he will ever again
He is literally omniscient
From the double-tongue of "Hevve"
His Mother, his God ...
She will spend the NEXT "nine months"
In nine years with her externalized womb
The ROOM of his being,
The Nursury. 

For Woman is God
Man is her Slave
From her womb 
To her second womb
The Grave
Man has his place and being
In WOMAN alone
Her chit chat
MAKES the fruit of the womb
The warp and woof
Of the making of tissues and textiles
She literally skeins his frame
from She
From the stuff of her being
She the Fates, she the Norns
She Atropos, she ALL.

So Tom's drama
Of endlessly sculpting
basslines in the air
Is carving out, Jillian-style,
a thousand EAR WYRMS ...
The cello holders
In darkness.
He has televisions
and old movies
Old songs
Often ten songs at once, ten layers of music
Sonic turmoil
Sonic bliss
All At once.
Charles IVES
Remain alive and well
In the sonic Turmoil
Of my live-in teacher and friend
Tom, my brother-in-law.

Anyway, I no longer write
Palimpsests.
I write verse.
Jillian has arisen from the dead
No longer as some empty Beatrice
But as Genesis one to my true Genesis two:
My complete Sherry
Who I married and will forever marry
Again. My Cosmic Marriage, Celestial Bride
My ONE TRUE FRIEND
and Utter Same.

It is nearly five a.m.
I went to bed like an old man
At ten p.m.
What am I do with myself?
I ate all that Depakote
And wrestled with ALLAH again
Quite physically
Demanding more blessings and visions
Then, For one split second there was no
Bassline in the house.
Tom had died again.
Now Tom has a police monitor babbling
In the dark
His one spark of life
I know he is on some level "up"
Though Lord Osirus sleeps for days
In layers of sleep
Tom is Lord of Death
And Resurrection
In Endless Meaningful Ways.

Well
I got enough sleep!
I'm ALLOWED to wake up
Before the sun
Emerson style
And read a book alone in my room.
Ama, I choose you!
I will read
The Saga of the Volsungs
Where Our faithful braggart
Innocent Hero Sigurd
Falls undone
from a simple Love Triangle.
His ONE TRUE WIFE
Is never the divine jet-haired
Daughter of Odin, Brunhilde
But the simple psychic
Golden Haired GUDRIN.
Sherry, I mean YOU!

No comments: